Terms and Conditions for OnLive’s Founding Members Offer
OnLive’s Founding Members Offer (the “Founding Members Offer”) is open from July 16, 2010 at 12:00 AM PDT until December 31, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST.
SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY AND ELIGIBILITY.
The Founding Members Offer provides eligible users with access to the OnLive Game Service (the “Service”) from your PC or Mac® through your wired or Wi-Fi broadband Internet connection only in the United States (the “Offer Territory”) or when traveling outside of the Offer Territory to the extent the broadband Internet connection permits operation of the Service. There are a limited number of available accounts. Access to or use of the Service and/or of content on the Service may be limited outside the Offer Territory.
Here is how it works:
- Start using the OnLive Game Service. OnLive reserves the right to charge for any current or future features of the Service.
- Purchase games, content and other services. You will be able to access your 3-day, 5-day, and Full PlayPass games as long as the games are available to you on the Service. All other content and services offered for purchase on the Service will be subject to whatever terms are applicable to the access or use of such content and services.
This offer only is available to qualified participants, subject to the terms of this Founding Members Offer and the following criteria:
- You must sign up for the Founding Members Offer between July 16, 2010 at 12:00 AM PDT and December 31, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and have reached the age of majority in your state of residence.
- You must be located in the Offer Territory.
- Your credit card will not be charged to take advantage of the Founding Members Offer. However, you must have a valid US VISA, MasterCard, or Discover credit card to make purchases. All purchases are in US dollars.
- Your Internet connection and PC or Mac® must have sufficient network quality and performance to use the OnLive Game Service at High Definition (HD) resolution. Although OnLive has found that most computers with at least a 3Mbps wired or Wi-Fi residential Internet connection are sufficient, many factors affect network quality and computer performance, and OnLive cannot guarantee that your configuration will work or continue to work, particularly outside the Offer Territory.
- You must be located in a geographic area with adequate Internet service such that an Internet-routed connection to a Service data center through your Internet service provider will meet, among other criteria, data rate, latency, quality, congestion, peering, peak loading, cross traffic, local computing, display and device performance requirements to use the Service.
- Your computer and Internet connection must pass performance tests to satisfy the above criteria prior to your first connection to the Service and each subsequent time you connect to the Service before you will be connected to the Service.
- The assessment of peak loading of Service data centers, the criteria for adequate computer performance and Internet connections and the number of Accounts made available in each region shall be determined by OnLive to ensure Service quality, reliability, performance, and security.
- You must agree to the OnLive Game Service Terms of Service at the time of your registration.
- If you satisfy all of the eligibility criteria listed above, as well as the other terms of this Founding Members Offer, you will, subject to availability in your region of the Offer Territory or your location when using the Service, be given the opportunity to activate and use your Account under the terms of this Founding Members Offer.
Other Important Terms
OnLive is not responsible for any events or circumstances that prevent users for qualifying for registration, or for failing to, or being unable to complete their registration before the Founding Members Offer concludes on December 31, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST.
OnLive cannot guarantee that you will receive emails sent from OnLive, or that your computer, Internet connection or location will enable you to connect, or to continue to connect, to the Service to take advantage of this Founding Members Offer. Offer only valid within the Offer Territory and is not transferable.
OnLive may reject any registrations or activations to comply with applicable laws, protect its property or the property of others, ensure the safety of OnLive and others or if OnLive reasonably determines that a registrant has or likely will engage in any activity that violated or violates OnLive’s Terms of Service.
You are solely responsible for the costs associated with your computer or Internet connection.